David Archuleta Nationality, Charisma, Biography

David ArchuletaIt is not yet confirmed if David Archuleta is Filipino American or not... but despite his unconfirmed Filipino blood lineage, no wonder most Filipinos, mostly teenagers, are charmed by his charisma, talent, voice, and performances. It can not be denied too that many Americans are claiming he will be the next American Idol.

On David Archuleta's Profile, Biography, Disease, and Interests: (Source: Wikipedia.com and AmericanIdol.com)

David James Archuleta (born December 28, 1990 in Miami, Florida) is an American singer and "Top 20" contestant, and amongst the top ten male vocalists, on American Idol's seventh season as of February 2008. He is one of the youngest finalists on the show winning a spot in the top twenty at seventeen years old. At the age of 12, Archuleta won the Junior Singers competition on Star Search. He once suffered partial vocal paralysis but refrained from risky surgery and feels he has fully recovered.

Favorite Quote: "You'll never be lonely if you learn to befriend yourself."
What has been your proudest moment in life so far? Making it this far and learning a ton in the competition is pretty awesome. Another thing I'll never forget was singing in a fire department in New York that lost 14 men on 9/11 on the first anniversary.
If you couldn't sing, which talent would you most like to have? Play the guitar or become a better songwriter.
Who is your favorite judge and why? I like all of them. Their personalities and opinions together is what makes it so neat.
What would people be surprised to learn about you? I'm half-Honduran, and got to go to Honduras a few years ago with my family and see my mom's side of the family. I also sang at Carnaval there, a parade like Mardi Gras. It's also where my most embarrassing moment was.
Do you have any lucky charms? Not really. My friend gave me a rubber band to remind me that my friends have my back.
If you don't make it on American Idol, what will you do? Finish school and continue performing.
What are your personal goals in life? To finish school and eventually go to college.
What album would your friends be surprised you own? My Kirk Franklin albums probably.
Do you have any rituals or things you do before you perform? Do some voice exercises and say a prayer.
What is your most embarassing moment? I was flown out to Honduras to perform for a charity event dinner, and the night I was supposed to sing I lost my voice. In the middle of the song my voice was gone and my mom came up to finish the song for me.
What other talents do you have? I've taken a little piano and have written a few songs.
Do you have any formal singing training? Yes, I've been taking lessons every now and then since I was 12.
When did you first start to sing? Around the age of 7, and really started performing in front of people at 10.
Favorite female pop artists? Natasha Bedingfield, Natalie Cole, Celine Dion, Mariah Carey.
Favorite male pop artists? Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder, Bryan Adams, Kirk Franklin.

Shared by My Sassy Mind at Wednesday, February 27, 2008  

2 Commented, Add Yours:

he does not have filipino blood. his mom is from honduras and his dad is caucasian american. it's a ploy by his camp to get filipino votes because they know filipinos tend to vote for their (and stick to) their kind. or shall i say, "our" kind.

Anonymous said...
February 27, 2008 at 10:06 PM  

You git your point. A lot of people are claimng he is a Filipino but I haven't verified it in any of his interviews. Hmmmn... ;0

Anonymous said...
February 27, 2008 at 10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Recent Posts