David Archuleta Is Filipino American

David ArchuletaI've been finding any resources where I can confirm if David Archuleta is Filipino American. Yesterday, I mentioned that he is indeed a Filipino American, but I get curious because American Idol never mentioned he is. I heard his mother is from Honduras and his father an American. If that is the case, what makes David a Filipino? Why does American Idol not mention about David as Filipino? They only inform us that Ramielle Malubay is Filipino. I guess, they should also confirm that David Archuleta is a Filipino American, so Filipinos can also support him all the way.

David Archuleta is a very talented 17 year old singer. Aside from his talent, he also has the looks and charisma. I guess his Filipino lineage doesn't matter at all. Even though there is no resources or interview where we can prove that David is actually Filipino, I will still support him all the way. He is a real heart-throb. I just hope someday, they can prove he is a Filipino at heart and blood ;0 I will give updates soon to confirm if he is indeed a Filipino or not.
David Archulete 2

Shared by My Sassy Mind at Wednesday, February 20, 2008  

20 Commented, Add Yours:

You know I haven't seen American Idol this year. I know, everyone thinks it's awful, I just haven't had the time this year. But I do think this child is adorable! Although, I wanted to thank you for participating in Tuesday's Question, and I would love to trade links with you. In fact, I'm posting yours and others comments to Tuesday's Question right now, and I stopped by to get your link. So when I return I will add you to my new blogroll. Thank you for asking if I would like to trade links, and again for answering Tuesday's Question. :))

Ann

February 20, 2008 at 11:35 PM  

Hi Ann... thank you for exchanging links with me. I will add yours right after this as well. Thank you too for featuring my comment in your blog. Take care always ;0

Anonymous said...
February 20, 2008 at 11:38 PM  

hello my sassymind so another pinoy blog here cheers
gheeeh its nice to know that 2 of our countrymen made it in the top 24
although as far as i know david is still on the way of knowing what's his true nationality
but then i believe his a filipino
and for ram
gheeeh she's so awesome that she had made it on the top 24
by the way i put you now in my blog roll so i can make a visit here

bluedreamer27 said...
February 21, 2008 at 12:39 AM  

hi! got a tag for you, if you're not busy! http://kaidensgorgeousmum.blogspot.com/2008/02/how-fast-can-you-type.html#links

Gorgeous MUM said...
February 21, 2008 at 1:14 AM  

HI Sassy,,,

Linking Done!

Anonymous said...
February 21, 2008 at 2:14 AM  

Hi Bluedreamer,

Wow... thanks for visiting me here. I find resources where I can confirm if David is Filipino. I believe he is really talented and he can make to the top five. As for Ramielle, she's good as well.

Thanks for adding my link. I will add yours too. I am glad knowing you are a Filipino as well.

Anonymous said...
February 21, 2008 at 5:11 AM  

Hi Mummy Sheng,

Thanks for the tag. I will post it first thing tomorrow. Thanks again.

Anonymous said...
February 21, 2008 at 5:13 AM  

Hi Jacky,

Thanks. I added you already too. Hope to hear more from you in the future.

Anonymous said...
February 21, 2008 at 5:14 AM  

I totally love David! He is adorable and he makes me smile all the time when he sings, plus he has a superb voice! :):):)

Mariuca said...
February 21, 2008 at 3:37 PM  

@ Mariuca

Yup, he is a real heaththrob and very talented, considering he is only 17 years old.

Anonymous said...
February 21, 2008 at 6:51 PM  

nice to hear that we have a filipino contestant

Anonymous said...
February 22, 2008 at 4:07 PM  

@ Toby,

Actually we have two Filipinos... yes, you are right. It is nice knowing we have Fil AM contestants in an international contest. In this case, the very popular American Idol.

Anonymous said...
February 22, 2008 at 5:56 PM  

I think David is not Filipino only Ramele is Filipina.

Anonymous said...
February 23, 2008 at 9:08 PM  

@ Anonymous,

Thanks for sharing your opinion, I will verify it soon ;0

Anonymous said...
February 23, 2008 at 9:54 PM  

I can verify that David's mom is from Honduras my mom went to school with her back home. Not sure about he's dad though!

Anonymous said...
March 4, 2008 at 5:33 PM  

Yeah, I also can see from different resources that her mom is from Honduras.. but the problem is to prove if he really has Filipino blood or none. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...
March 4, 2008 at 5:40 PM  

David is Half Honduran as he said it in the interview at the American Idol website

Anonymous said...
March 5, 2008 at 12:16 PM  

Yeah I heard he is really half Honduran, not Filipino.

Anonymous said...
March 5, 2008 at 4:16 PM  

His mom is Honduran but his dad is Caucasian. The funny thing is that the last name Archuleta comes from the Basque region of Spain. The first settlers with that last name started arriving in the America's during the 1500's. Some settled in South America and in the U.S. region that is now New Mexico, later they spread to areas such as New Orleans, California Colorado and Utah. He's more Hispanic than his folks even know.

Anonymous said...
May 15, 2008 at 4:34 PM  

I am not going to be original this time, so all I am going to say that your blog rocks, sad that I don't have suck a writing skills

Anonymous said...
July 6, 2010 at 7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Recent Posts