Celebrating Chinese New Year 2008

I am not Chinese but every first day of February reminds me about Chinese New Year. Local malls in my country are primarily decorated with different Chinese lanterns just before the Chinese New Year. I dunno why they do that, because although the owner of the mall is not Chinese, he still decorated his establishment with Chinese lanterns. Maybe it's for luck or good health... I am not really sure.

Even though I am not a Chinese, I also like the Chinese New Year. Our local televisions are featuring several escapades about the said occasions. Dragon and lion mascots are dancing during the day said festival. I also get overwhelmed by the foods they cater during this occasion. Each food has their own meaning. For example, bamboo shoots for "wishing that everything would be well", dried bean curd for fulfillment of wealth and happiness, and black moss seaweed for exceeding in wealth.

I think Chinese New Year for the year 2008 will be celebrated on February 7. I can't wait for this day. I love the fun and so with the foods (wink wink).

Shared by My Sassy Mind at Thursday, January 31, 2008  

12 Commented, Add Yours:

I can't believe my apartment shut down the water on febuary 7.That's sucks!There is a lantern festival fall on the febuary 15th..i guess that's the reason why.

Unknown said...
February 1, 2008 at 9:47 AM  

lovely site....love the theme...happy blogging!

Anonymous said...
February 1, 2008 at 10:27 AM  

Hi Sweetiepie. I appreciate you for dropping by. Why would they shut your water? I think that's not fair (wink)

Anonymous said...
February 1, 2008 at 2:13 PM  

Hello fashionasia!

Thanks for dropping by (wink).

Anonymous said...
February 1, 2008 at 2:14 PM  

hi nice blog u got here, of course i would love to exchange links to you, thanks for visiting my blog and please come back again! hav a gud day and happy blogging!

Femikey said...
February 1, 2008 at 7:14 PM  

Thanks femikey. I add you already in my Blog Roll. Please add mine as well. Thanks :D

Anonymous said...
February 1, 2008 at 7:27 PM  

hi sassy. thanks for dropping by my place..it's nice to see u there. yup yup.. delicious foods indeed.. sure i'm willing to xchange links.. actually ur already added.. pls inform me too once im added on ur list.. take care and have a great day..

February 1, 2008 at 9:26 PM  

Hello i would love to xlinks with you..i will add ur website now and hope u will do the same..c yah around

February 1, 2008 at 9:38 PM  

Hello Catsy. Thanks too for adding me in your links. I already added you in my Blog Roll. Nice meeting you (wink)

Have a great day too.

Anonymous said...
February 1, 2008 at 9:52 PM  

Hello Babydoll... your link is already added in my list. Thank you and nice meeting you as well :D

Anonymous said...
February 1, 2008 at 9:53 PM  

Hi..I have added your link to http://francoyong.blogspot.com as you requested. You have a very nice blog. Thanks for sharing.

Regards,

Franco

Oh..visit http://universityforinternetmarketing.com/Forum and register with your username and password. Lots of free Video Tutorials on Internet Marketing there for you.

Franco said...
February 3, 2008 at 7:33 PM  

Hello Franco... Thanks for linking with me.. I add your blog in my list as well. Thanks for the invitation. Hope to hear more from you soon...

Anonymous said...
February 4, 2008 at 3:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Recent Posts