American Idol 10 Finalists Performance March 25

American IdolThe top 10 finalists of American Idol Season 7 performance tonight, March 25 2008 was over. Some was able to watch the performance on March 2, though. Tonight's theme was each finalist will sing a song from the year they were born. Some performances where outstanding while there are some who did not make it where their performance are forgettable. Let's take a quick recap on each finalist's 3-25-2008 performance and judges comments. American Idol video clips are already available in Youtube. For iTunes download, they are already available in American Idol official website. Who will be eliminated this week on American Idol?

1. Ramiele Malubay - Alone : Since she was born in 1987, Ramiele Malubay American Idol 3-25-08 chose to sing the song “Alone” by Heart.

Judges comments on Ramiele Malubay - Alone :
Randy Jackson said “I know you are under the weather, but that regardless, it wasn’t the right choice. Not your thing. Pitchy.”; Paula Abdul commented, “I give you a tremendous amount of credit and brave ” for going through with it despite being sick."; Simon Cowell said, “I don’t think it was as bad as Randy said. I thought the first part of the song was OK. If you survived last week’s “appalling” performance, then I thought you'll gonna make it. No question of that”.

2. Jason Castro - Fragile : He was the second performer of the night. Jason Castro was born on March 25, 1987 so chose “Fragile” by Sting.

Judges comments on Jason Castro - Fragile :
Randy said “I love the song, good choice, I liked the Spanish touch it was nice, but I am waiting to see you jump out with a vocal performance”; Paula says"You're staying true to who you are and your niche, but there wasn’t a big wow factor"; Simon says "You had two bad weeks and I think it’s time for you to start taking this seriously. You’re not going to win if you keep doing that week after week.”

3. Syesha Mercado - If I Were Your Woman : Next performer was Syesha Mercado who was born in 1987 so she sang "If I Were Your Woman".

Judges comments on Syesha Mercado - If I Were Your Woman :
Randy thought “This is the best I have ever heard you sing, including when you auditioned. It was stellar, it was unbelievable. I am shocked.Paula Abdul said "This is going to be the moment that everyone remembers as when Syesha flipped it and became a contender". Simon agrees that it was the best so far, but he thinks she was reaching her limit toward the end of the song.

4. Chikezie Eze - If Only for One Night : He was born in 1985, and sang “If Only for One Night” by Luther Vandross.

Judges comments on Chikezie Eze - If Only for One Night :
Randy says “Very old-school, I didn’t love it”. Paula says he’s a throwback and added “... but a good throwback. I think that you did a great job.” Simon says, “I think you sang it well. Having said that, the performance was actually very cheesy. I didn’t see any originality

5. Brooke White - Every Breath You Take : She was born in 1983 and she picked “Every Breath You Take” by The Police.

Judges comments on Brooke White - Every Breath You Take :
Randy says he liked the first part, but he didn’t love the arrangement toward the middle or end. Paula commented “I enjoyed this performance so much more than last week’s. You have your own niche and own voice and I appreciates your consistency." Simon agrees with Randy, especially about the band joining in toward the end, which he says made it sound old-fashioned.

6. Michael Johns - The Queens Remix : Michael was born in 1978 and picked the Queen Classics. Michael combined “We Will Rock You,” and after a couple of lines, he jumped over to “We Are the Champions” by Queen.

Judges comments on Michael Johns - The Queens Remix :
Randy said “That was the best performance for me since you’ve been on this show.” Paula says "This was your moment and I’m so proud of you.” Simon said “Michael, this is the first time with you that I’ve seen star potential. You just got it right. For me, it’s the only memorable performance of the night so far.”

7. Carly Smithson - Irish Girl : Carly Hennessey Smithson was born in 1983 and sang “Total Eclipse of the Heart” originally from Bonnie Tyler.

Judges comments on Carly Smithson - Irish Girl :
Randy says "It was an interesting song choice... and didn’t love the note at the end. I don’t like the whole rock thing". Paula says "You could take any song I didn’t really like and make me a believer." Simon says "Something didn’t quite work. You seemed uptight and tense, which prevented me from enjoying the performance."

8. David Archuleta - You’re the Voice : Since David was born in 1990, he picked "You’re the Voice" which was written in 1986 and covered in 1990 by David Foster.

Judges comments on David Archuleta - You’re the Voice :
Randy says "It was a strange song choice... but if you can sing, you can sing whatever.” Paula says "I am also confused by the song choice but you could sing the phone book.” Simon says "You sang it well in parts but I actually didn’t like the performance at all. I thought it was reminiscent of a theme-park performance. It was one of those ghastly songs you sing with animated characters around you, and everyone joins in.

9. Kristy Lee Cook - God Bless the USA : She was born in 1984 and sang “God Bless the U.S.A.”

Judges comments on Kristy Lee Cook - God Bless the USA :
Randy says "It was a great song choice, I love that song. I thought it was a great performance." Paula says "I heard better performances from you, but your voice is getting stronger. Simon says "This was your best performance by a mile. That was the most clever song choice I have heard in years. That’s going to keep you in the competition.

10. David Cook - Billie Jean : David was born in 1982 and sang “Billie Jean” by Michael Jackson.

Judges comments on David Cook - Billie Jean :
Randy says "You are the most original most bold contestant ever. With that performance, you might win the whole thing." Paula says "You are brilliant and I think you can win this." Simon says “David, that was brave. It could have either been insane or amazing, and I have to tell you, it was amazing.

American Idol Performance Ranking March 26, 2007
1. David Cook
2. Michael Johns
3. Syesha Mercado
4. Brooke White
5. Jason Castro
6. Chikezie
7. Carly Smithson
8. Kristy Lee Cook
9. David Archuleta
10. Ramiele Malubay

Shared by My Sassy Mind at Thursday, March 27, 2008  

0 Commented, Add Yours:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts